Import export license in Kochi, Kerala
Acquiring an import-export license in India begins with applying for IEC (Importer Exporter Code). This is required if you wish to import or export from and to India or to other countries. IEC, technically speaking is a number granted as 10 digits by the DGFT (Directorate General of Foreign Trade) to an Indian wishing to start international trade.
IEC License application
The IEC is popularly referred to as an export license in India. It is simple to apply for the same and to get it from the DGFT regional or zonal office that has its jurisdiction in your business location. Submitting an IEC online application is enough at dgft.gov.in. There is a Rs. 500 fee to be paid in association with essential documents.
How to Setup in India a Business with Import-Export License
• Choose your products. There is a need to choose the products as IEC is granted for the product category that you apply for. Seeking for additional categories IEC means you should pay an additional fee.
• Decide a name for your company, even if the registration is not done as a firm. New firms planning for export-import business must have names that end with Exports such as Nick Exports.
• If you have not registered your firm, it is time you register now.
• Apply for IEC online with DGFT by paying Rs. 500 as the fee. Pay it through electronic money transfer. If you wish to modify, pay Rs. 200/- as fee again.
• Finally, register with a nearest sea or airport your export company known as EDC Registration.
List of Documents to be submitted for IEC Application
The documents exactly required may vary slightly and this is based on the type of your business, whether it is a proprietor firm, a partnership firm, an LLP or a Company. The documents list for each is separate and the required documents are:
Proprietorship: A photograph (3×3); ID proof ( voter id/passport/ aadhar card/driving license), PAN card copy, Address proof ( rental/lease agreement with telephone or electricity bill or the sale deed for a self-owned place); Bank certificate or a cheque cancelled with your (applicant’s) name printed and the bank account number.
Partnership: Managing partner’s photograph (3×3); ID proof ( voter id/passport/ aadhar card/driving license/ managing partner PAN who signed the application), Partnership firm PAN card copy, Address proof ( rental/lease agreement with telephone or electricity bill or the sale deed for a self-owned place); Bank certificate or a cheque cancelled with your (applicant’s) name printed and the bank account number.
LLP and Company (Pvt Ltd and public) : A director or partner photograph (3×3) who signs the application form of IEC; ID proof ( voter id/passport/ aadhar card/driving license/ director or partner PAN who signed the application), LLP or Company applicants PAN card copy, certificate of incorporation, Address proof ( rental/lease agreement with telephone or electricity bill or the sale deed for a self-owned place); Bank certificate or a cheque cancelled with your (applicant’s) name printed and the bank account number.
IEC Application Form Bank Certificate
A Bank certificate, this is a very important requirement to apply for IEC. This bank certificate is needed if you are unable to submit a canceled cheque having your (the applicant’s) name printed and the bank account number. You can also ask your bank to provide a certificate. You may download and print a bank certificate sample format and get it stamped and signed from the Bank Authorities.
Note: The documents to be uploaded should not exceed 5MB and should be in digital format.
• Take a print of the application form. Sign and upload the Declaration form with all the required documents. Send the signed application form through post or personally hand over to the JRA concerned. Do not attach any of the documents.
• On submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation sms message on your registered mobile number or email on your email address of the same as receipt of receiving the application form.
• On the documents and application getting processed, the applicant will receive an email that an e-IEC is approved and an e-IEC number signed digitally is generated. This application can be printed or viewed on ‘Online IEC Application’. Thereby the applicant can submit the required details on the DGFT site.
• OR, the applicant will receive a rejection letter on his email address stating the reason for rejection.
• You can check with deficiency and re-login on the DGFT website ‘Online IEC Application’. Fill the form again and pay essential application processing fee.
Application Fee Payment Mode
• Using the bank account electronic fund transfer can be done from the applicants account.
• Electronic fund transfer is possible on the applicant having a net banking account in designated banks: HDFC, Central Bank of India, Bank of India, ICICI, IDBI, State Bank, Axis Bank, Union Bank of India, Punjab National Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce.
For further details contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org